Sunday, July 18, 2010

Eight Easy Ways to Misread the Classics – Justin Taylor

I so very much like reading classics. I have long had this lofty goal, to somehow read through an entire list of classics that I have created---a very nerdy spreadsheet containing not just adult classic literature, but young adult and children's classic literature as well. I enjoy them. I like the challenge they present, the ideas they explore. I like that the push the boundaries of my mind to think beyond what modern literature presents. I find modern literature stifling, I find classics freeing. That said, I am completely intrigued by Justin Taylor's post on Eight Ways to Misread Classics. You can find his thought-provoking list (that features several excellent quotes from my adopted Uncle C.S. Lewis) at the following link:

Eight Easy Ways to Misread the Classics – Justin Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment