Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ice Cream

I love ice cream.  I just never remember to buy any.  I love ice cream sandwiches, ice cream cones, sundaes, malts.....just about any and all ice cream.  But I do not like sherberts or gelato.

Even so, I thoroughly enjoyed this article by Ben Meyers on The Ethics of Ice Cream.

During my (short-lived) days of working and being fired from Baskin Robbins while in high school,  I remember irritating customers who were determined that I would give them a free taste spoon of all 31 flavors, and then decide they did not really want ice cream after all.

So more power to you, Miss Gelato Ice Cream Server---stand up for the "Only one taste test spoon per customer."  Tell them to choose two flavors, sample one, and if they don't like the sample, then they should by the flavor they didn't choose to sample.  Sounds simple to me......

No comments:

Post a Comment