Friday, September 3, 2010

Weary: Part II

Once again I am awake.  So very tired but stirred up enough to fight a return to peace, a return to sleep.

Exodus 33:14-15

14      And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” 15      And he said to him, “If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here.


1 King's 8:56

56      “Blessed be the Lord who has given rest to his people Israel, according to all that he promised. Not one word has failed of all his good promise, which he spoke by Moses his servant.

Job 3:11, 13

11      “Why did I not die at birth,
come out from the womb and expire?


13      For then I would have lain down and been quiet;
I would have slept; then I would have been at rest!

Psalm 55:6-7


6      And I say, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest;
7      yes, I would wander far away;
I would lodge in the wilderness;.


Psalm 118:7-9


     Return, O my soul, to your rest;
for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.
8      For you have delivered my soul from death,
my eyes from tears,
my feet from stumbling;
9      I will walk before the Lord
in the land of the living.









No comments:

Post a Comment