Friday, August 6, 2010

Virginia's Tax-Free Back-to-School Weekend

I am an odd duck for many different reasons.  For example, I. Hate. To. Shop.  I am not good at it.  I feel it is a waste of time and money.  I am impatient with crowds and lines and trying to find what I'm looking for.  I don't like to browse.  I think I'd rather get a root canal.

However, there is one season during which I don't mind shopping--well, I don't mind it as much.

I love Back-To-School season for one reason and one reason only--Office and school supplies.  No, I do not like spending the money, and I often take a look at the Supply Lists and think "Does Bethany REALLY need 6 Sharpie Markers for 5th grade?"

But there is something that makes my heart beat a little bit faster, when I walk into Wal-mart or Target and I see aisle after aisle of school supplies---pens and pencils, paper and erasers, rulers and scissors, and my absolute favorite tool:  Highlighters.

This morning when I ventured to clean out the space beneath my bed, I found 7---yes SEVEN highlighters, all without caps, all dried up.

I intend on replacing all 7 this weekend---Tax Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment